Documents authenticated by Secretary of State from all 50 States in the US can be legalized at the Consulate of Viet Nam in SAN FRANCISCO.
1. A regular dossier to be legalized/authenticated includes:
– Request Form for legalization/authentication of documents (Download HERE). Note: No notarization/certification required for this Form.
– Original identity documents (ID, passport or passport equivalents) for application submitted in person; or 01 copy of identity documents (ID, passport or passport equivalents) for application submitted by post. Authentication is not required for these documents.
– Documents to be legalized/authenticated must be first Authenticated by the Secretary of State where the Notary Public is licensed (before sending to the Consulate of Viet Nam for final authentication, which will be accepted by all Vietnamese authorities). Note: The documents, which have not been authenticated by a relevant State-Level Secretary of State or by the Office of Authentication of the Ministry of Foreign Affaires, will be considered as ineligible and returned, even if they have been issued/certified/or notarized by a county clerk, court clerk, notary public or other U.S. authorities.
– 01 copy of documents/materials submitted for legalization.
– By mail: Fees can be paid in the form of Money Order or Cashier’s Check (Certified Checks) payable to VIET NAM CONSULATE IN SAN FRANCISCO
– In person: Fees can be paid in the form of Cash or Credit cards.
3. Return of legalized/authenticated documents:
– You may come in person to the Consulate General of Viet Nam in San Francisco to pick up your legalized/authenticated documents or request for the documents to be mailed-back, in which case you are kindly asked to include a Self-stamped and addressed return envelope. To avoid losses during shipment, it is advised to use guaranteed services of USPS / UPS or Fedex with tracking number for your easy tracking. The Consulate General shall not be responsible for any missing documents due to your choice of using uncertified mails ( FEDEX Ground and UPS Ground are considered as uncertified mails)
– You also have an option to request for instant processing and your documents can be returned on the same-day (or 1/2 hour, depending on the complicity of the documents). Extra fee is applied for such request.
* Postal Services (Door-to-Door):
@ For further information, please contact the Consulate at:
- Address: 1700 California Street, Suite 580, San Francisco, CA 94109
- Business hours: 8.30 am – 12.00pm and 2.30pm – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. The Consulate General is closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and during Viet Nam and United States holidays.
- Telephone: +1 415 922 1707; 415 922 0707; 415 922 1238;
- Fax: +1 415 922 1757
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org