- * Certificate of Visa exemption shall be valid for up to 05 years and expires at least 6 months before the expiration of the holder’s passport or international travel document.
- * Applicable entities: Vietnamese residing overseas and foreigners who are spouses, children of Vietnamese people residing overseas or of Vietnamese citizens. Visa exemption certificate shall be issued to people entering Viet Nam for family visit and settlement of personal business.
- * The certificate of visa exemption might take the following forms: (i) Stamped certificate: A visa exemption certificate is stamped on the passports of Vietnamese nationals living abroad and foreign nationals to allow their entrance into Vietnam; (ii) Detached Certificate: A visa exemption certificate issued to Vietnamese people living abroad under permanent resident’s permit granted by foreign authorities and holder of passports of foreign countries or territories with which Vietnam does not have diplomatic relations.
Application for a Certificate of Visa Exemption can be done by clicking here and select “Khai Truc Tuyen”. To submit application at the Consulate General of Vietnam in San Francisco, please select United States as the location of Submission.
When submitting application directly at the Consulate, please print out and sign the Application. All required documents need to be copied in advance, after collating, the original document will be given back while its copy will be kept at the Consulate. Uncompleted or missing documents will be denied. ALL applicants need to be present upon submission.
For applications submitted by mail, a returned envelop MUST be included for the original documents to be returned. The Consulate will not process applications without a return envelop. In that case, the applicants may come in person with ID verification document to pick up the original documents at the Consulate.
@ For further information, please contact the Visa-Exemption Section, Consulate General of Vietnam in San Francisco, at:
- Address: 1700 California Street, Suite 580, San Francisco, CA 94109
- Business hours: 8.30 am – 12.00pm and 2.30pm – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. The Consulate General is closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and during Viet Nam and United States holidays.
- Telephone: +1 415 922 1707 ; 415 922 0707 415 922 1238 ;
- Fax: +1 415 922 1757
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.vietnamconsulate-sf.org
@ To track your package, please contact Mail-in or Mail-out Section ( Morning only)
- Telephone: +1 415 922 1707; 415 922 0707; 415 922 1238.