The Consulate General of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam in San Francisco has received a letter from the Quebec Government Office in Los Angeles concerning a case of Mrs. Mai Duong, who is a 34 year old mother and facing acute leukemia. She is currently in the hospital receiving chemo treatment and awaiting a stem cell donation, be it through cord blood or a bone marrow transplant.
Mai needs to find a compatible donor in the next two months in order to save her life, and health authorities believe that a compatible donor will be a person of Vietnamese descent. For more details, please visit her website: http://sosmai.com/en/
In response, the Consulate General of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam in San Francisco calls on and encourages Vietnamese across California to lend a helping hand to Mai Duong with 5 steps:
- Register online at http:join.bethematch.org/mail
They’ll send you a swabbing kept through the mail
- Swab your gums rigorously in the areas indicated on the instructions. We don’t want saliva, we want cell! Apply the same pressure you would while brushing your teeth. Put the swabs back in the envelope.
- Send back to be the Match (postal fees paid).
- Once we find a compatible donor, he or she will need to undergo medical tests to assess his or her health.
- If we find the perfect donor, the procedure can be done through aphaeresis or though surgery.
Complete details on: www.bethematch.org
Please act promptly to save Mai Duong's life.